October 12, 2014University of Phoenix Stadium – Glendale, Ariz.
· The Washington Redskins fell to the Arizona Cardinals by a final score of
30-20 in front of an announced crowd of 61,159 people at University of Phoenix
Stadium on Sunday.
· Despite the defeat, the Redskins remain 74-45-2 all-time against the
Cardinals. The Redskins' 74 wins against the Cardinals remain the team's second-most
against any opponent (Philadelphia - 81).
· Wide receiver DeSean Jackson led the Redskins with 115 receiving yards on
three receptions (38.3 avg.) with a touchdown.
· The 100-yard receiving game was the 23rd of Jackson's career and his third
as a member of the Redskins. Jackson now has consecutive 100-yard receiving games
for the first time since Weeks 1-2 last season.
· Jackson's 38.3-yard receiving average was the highest by a member of the
Redskins with at least three receptions since Gary Clark on Dec. 15, 1991 (43.0 vs.
the New York Giants).
· Quarterback Kirk Cousins started and completed 24-of-38 passes for 354
yards with two touchdowns.
· Cousins now has four career 300-yard passing games, including two this
· The multi-touchdown game was Cousins' fourth of the season and the sixth
of his career.
· Cousins' two touchdowns give him 10 for the season, marking the first time
in his career he has thrown for double figures in touchdowns in a single season.
Cousins now has 18 career touchdown passes.
· In the first quarter, Cousins connected with Jackson for a 64-yard touchdown.
· Jackson now has 20 total touchdowns covering 50 yards or more since
entering the league in 2008, the most in the NFL.
· Jackson passed teammate Santana Moss for sole possession of the 10th-most
total touchdowns of 50 yards or more in the NFL since the 1970 merger. He joins
Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Steve Smith, Joey Galloway, Ken Burrough,
Devin Hester, Mel Gray and Stanley Morgan as the only players to score 20 total
touchdowns of 50 yards or more since the merger.
· Jackson became the first member of the Redskins to record three
50-plus-yard total touchdowns in a season since Moss in 2008.
· Jackson's touchdown was his third of the season and the 35th receiving
touchdown of his career.
· Jackson has recorded 26 receptions of 50 yards or more since 2008, the
most in the NFL.
· Including a 60-yard touchdown last week, Jackson has now scored touchdowns
covering 50 yards or more in consecutive games for the first time since Weeks 6-7 of
the 2009 season. It also gave Jackson 50-yard receptions in consecutive games for
the first time since Weeks 9-10 of last season.
· Jackson recorded 104 receiving yards in the first half, the second-most in
his career and his most since gaining 117 first-half receiving yards vs. Kansas City
on Sept. 27, 2009. Jackson's 100-yard first half receiving was the first by a member
of the Redskins since Week 16 vs. Dallas last season (Pierre Garçon).
· Tight end Jordan Reed - playing in his first game since Week 1 at Houston
- led the Redskins in receptions with eight. Reed's eight receptions were one shy of
matching his career high.
· Wide receiver Pierre Garçon caught a five-yard touchdown pass from Cousins
in the fourth quarter. The receiving touchdown was Garçon's second of the season and
the 27th of his career.
· Wide receiver Andre Roberts recorded five receptions for 55 yards in his
first game against his former team. Roberts entered the league with Arizona and
played for the Cardinals from 2010-13.
· Running back Roy Helu, Jr. recorded a 33-yard reception in the second
quarter. Helu, Jr. became the first Redskins running back in records available
dating back to 1994 to record a reception of at least 30 yards in three games in a
· Linebacker Ryan Kerrigan and defensive end Jason Hatcher split a sack in
the fourth quarter. Kerrigan has 6.5 sacks on the season and sits half a sack shy of
the league lead as of the conclusion of Sunday afternoon's games.
· Kerrigan finished the game with nine total tackles (seven solo), a career
· Kicker Kai Forbath converted field goal attempts of 28 and 43 yards and is
now 7-of-8 on field goal attempts this season.
· Linebacker Akeem Jordan played in his 100th career NFL game.
· Linebacker Will Compton and safety Trenton Robinson earned their first